Solved

Send Different Emails to Users Based on $source

• 10 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello 

just started to use kalivo. i have created a sign up form. but as its going to be used as a semi booking in form i want to send them a different email sequence. to my normal list.. is it possible if so how?

i also would like to send them an reminder email based on the date they selected. but like “looking forward to see you later today” 

is that possible?

icon

Best answer by Dov 11 June 2021, 16:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @DuncanAdams,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

On a high-level, you should first identify the $source value of the sign-up form and then add a conditional split in a flow to filter people down a certain path in the flow based on this $source value.

After you create the Klaviyo sign-up form, you can view the $source value by navigating into the sign-up form itself and clicking on the Call to Action (CTA) button on the form. Then, on the left-hand side you can see the $source value under Submit Hidden Fields. In this example it is “Just for you”.

Note that somebody must fill this form in order for you to see the source value in the drop-down menu in your flow or you can manually add it yourself to get it to appear as a dropdown option without someone first filling the form.

To achieve this, navigate to the profile you would like to add a custom property to. Then, scroll to the bottom of the page and find the Information section. Here, you will see an area labeled Custom Properties, with an option to Add. Click this and add the custom property you would like. The Property would be $source and the Value would be the the value you have in the CTA button of the form (by default it will be the name of the form).

Manually_add_property.gif

Next, navigate into your flow triggered off of the list and add the following conditional split. Properties about someone > $source equals “INSERT SOURCE VALUE HERE”.

From there, you’ll be sending folks down 2 different paths of the flow. If they filled out the semi-booking form they’ll go down the first path (left) if not, they’ll go down the other path (right).

In terms of the reminder email, that would have to be done in a separate flow. You would use a date-triggered flow and use a date block collected in the sign-up form itself to tell the flow when to dispatch these emails i.e. on the date of their appointment.

I hope that helps. Have a great weekend!