Solved

Signup form Button Value Issue. Please help!

• 26 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hey, I have an issue with my signup forms and I’m hoping to find the answers I need here.

I was trying to sync Klaviyo signup form information (phone number) to SMSBump, so I was testing out stuff and found the “submit hidden fields” to the “signup button”. I changed the value from “Embedded Signup Form” to “Embedded Subscription Form” since it was giving me that as an option. The issue is that my email signup forms aren’t working and I can’t seem to undo my mistake… The SMS opt-in is fine, it’s just the email info I’m not receiving…

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 30 January 2023, 16:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Reptilias

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

To clarify, when you say that you’ve not received email info from the form, do you mean that upon form submission, a customer’s SMS number is properly updated to their account, but their email address isn’t? Or do you mean that this  hidden profile property  isn’t being added to their profile? Have you published the form? 

Hidden fields are additional properties that will be added to a subscriber's profile in Klaviyo. This allows you to track visitors who interact with your form. By default, all forms have a $source property as a hidden field, which identifies how they were added to your list. 

In the mean time, the following Help Center Documentation might help you identify what’s happening here as it relates to how to properly set up a Klaviyo form

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Hi @Taylor Tarpley,

Thank you for helping me. Yes the signup form is live, and what I meant was that I wasn’t receiving all the information. I got help from Klaviyo customer support and they ran a test to confirm that my embedded signup form is working for customers and I do receive some customers’ information.

I'm going to run some tests today and get back to you, because I'm having issues receiving some customers' information and also issues with customers not getting added to certain lists or segments… I believe it all links back to the source value that I changed. Bearing in mind I have 2 different signup forms. 1 Popup and 1 Embedded.

Kind Regards,

Reptilias

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Reptilias

Happy to hear that! Our support team is awesome! 

-Taylor

Badge +1

Hi @Taylor Tarpley,

After running some tests, I still have an issue where customers who signup using my forms are only being added to Newsletter and not SMS Subscribers or New Subscribers… 

I can confirm that the button actions are all in order and should add customers to Newsletter and SMS Subscribers. The only thing I changed was the source value of the signup buttons... Are you able to assist me with this?

Kind Regards,

Reptilias

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Reptilias

Thanks or sharing this additional info from your tests! 

I’m guessing that your SMS subscribers is the list that SMS users will be added to once they hit the ‘submit’ button for the phone number part of your multi step signup form correct? I would investigate if your list is set to double opt-in, if so, users will need to confirm their SMS subscription once again after their submitting the form. So the lag could be users not confirming their SMS subscription a section time or that a user might take their time responding to the message itself. 

Is your ‘New Subscribers’ a segment? I would investigate your segment conditions  again to ensure that users who submit the form meet your specific conditions, as well as taking a look at our  segment updates documentation to learn how our segmentation processing works.

It should be noted that as segments differ from list, ie. users have to qualify for this dynamic grouping of profiles based on properties or conditions they meet, segmentation requests are processed as close to real-time as possible. This means your segment will update shortly after a customer takes an action that qualifies them based on the definition you created (e.g., placing an order or opening an email). In some cases, a high volume of segmentation requests across our customer base can cause delays.

Hope this helps!

-Taylor