Solved

Signup Form not going to correct list

• 3 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I created a signup form that should submit to a list called “Ebook.”

However, on clicking the submit button, the name is added to the “Engaged (3 Months)” list instead of “Ebook.” Am I doing something wrong?

icon

Best answer by retention 21 December 2020, 10:17

View original

6 replies

Badge +2

I am having this issue.

I have created a form and set the destination to a list, newsletter signups. 

Those contacts are not going to that list, but instead a segment I have created. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

I’ve had the same problem for a few months now, and I have a paid account.  The users aren’t suppressed, so they should have confirmed their emails through double opt-in.  And they aren’t being added to a list at all, but they still count as profiles on my account.  

I emailed support about it a couple days ago when I discovered the issue, and I’m still waiting to hear back.

@MrsJintheLibrary 
If you have the double opt-in option enabled for that list, I suspect that’s the problem. After someone subscribes, they will appear in the Profiles section as Active Profile, but they won’t be placed into the list until they confirm their subscription via the confirmation email.

You can test this by subscribing with an email that’s not currently in your list, and find the confirmation email in your inbox (it might even land in Spam folder), confirm your subscription and see if you the email address you’ve used for the test is now in the list.

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

I’ve had the same problem for a few months now, and I have a paid account.  The users aren’t suppressed, so they should have confirmed their emails through double opt-in.  And they aren’t being added to a list at all, but they still count as profiles on my account.  

I emailed support about it a couple days ago when I discovered the issue, and I’m still waiting to hear back.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@retention 

I figured it out. I’m on a free plan, so all lists are double opt-in, which I can’t change unless I’m on a paid plan. Thanks for your help though!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@retention 

I’ve tried multiple emails, even in incognito mode. Some aren’t even being added to the Engaged list. They show up in profiles but not in the Ebook list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@mattelustra I think I know what’s happening.  A few things to keep in mind:

• Lists = profiles can only be added into a List exactly once.
  • Segments = profiles can enter/leave a Segment based on the Segment’s rule definition.

What I think is happening, is that the email you submitted is already in your “Ebook” List, so subsequent subscribes aren’t going in to the List (since you’re already subscribed.)

The “Engaged (3 Months)” is a Segment where the rules will show the email because I’m guessing the rules has it defined to include people who recently subscribed (or other actions).

You can delete the email profile in your EBook List, and then try submitting again to see if it works.