Solved

Signup Form Popup works sometimes

• 3 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

This is my first post, I’m new to Klaviyo and relatively new to shopify.

Our issue is with the signup form. I have set it up to popup. I have experimented with different options but because of this issue, am now testing on the simplest of options. See below setting.

This would surely mean, it pops up to everyone, all the time. No matter concerning cache or cookies. Either way, I’m trying on incognito mode to clear this up. However, sometimes it works (about 10% of the time) the rest, nothing happens. It usually works first time, if I change a setting in the backend, but then stops again.

We have not launched the shopify site yet, but have it available in password protected mode but am testing it sometimes without the password both in incognito and normal browser. Tried this in safari and chrome both on mac and windows. It works sometimes in password mode, mostly not as noted above. Same for when the site is live.

I have not installed the snippet code, as per instructions we have shopify integrations working and Auto adding klaviyo javascript ticked. When I publish, I get the green tick that it’s worked.

Form is live.

I only have one klaviyo account working on the site.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks 

Rich

icon

Best answer by Dov 3 February 2022, 16:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @LBWRich,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

When a sign-up form populates inconsistently like you’re describing, it’s typically because there are multiple scripts on Klaviyo’s onsite js present on your page. You can verify if this is the case by navigating to your site on a Google chrome browser, CMD + click (or right click on PC) and select “View Page Source”. From there, CMD + F (Or CTRL + F on pc) and search for “company_id” and toggle through the results on the page. Pay attention to the 6 digits public API at the end of the Klaviyo onsite javascript snippet: 

<script type="text/javascript" async="" src="https://static.klaviyo.com/onsite/js/klaviyo.js?company_id=API_KEY"></script>

If you notice more than one public API key, you’ll need to submit a support ticket or access our live chat team (available to those with paid Klaviyo accounts) to have one or more of those scripts removed. That is necessary to ensure the sign-up form populates reliably.

I hope that is helpful!

Badge +3

Thanks Dov

I searched for it, the company_id came up 4 times. There were two different id’s in total though.

Any idea why this may have happened so i could avoid this in the future?

I’ll get a support ticket.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @LBWRich,

Yes it’s the separate, conflicting id’s that will cause the problem. Typically this happens if you have previously integrated the same Shopify URL with a prior Klaviyo account (whether it was simply for testing purposes or otherwise). Once this is cleaned up, it will be a permanent fix so you won’t have to worry about it again.