Solved

Signup Forms previous submission error

• 24 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have an issue where my ‘Profiles’ list can access the discount code on my ‘Subscribe for coupon’ popup. I do not want this to happen at all, I want new subscribers to access the coupon code. Is there a way to have an error message ‘Already subscribed’ or something similar for those who are already on the ‘profiles’ list?

I have attached my targeting.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 24 May 2022, 23:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hello @Wihan,

Welcome to the Community.

At this time, it is not possible for Klaviyo signup forms to display an "error" message to customers who have previously submitted a form utilizing the same email address as their current attempt. However, this is a widely requested feature and I'm happy to add your voice to those of the other requesters! 

If you would like to do so, you can set your forms to not show to existing Klaviyo profiles - this provides you with the security that your existing profiles should not see your form after they have initially filled it out. To do this, you will navigate to the form's Behaviors section and click on the option under Targeting to "don't show to existing Klaviyo profiles". 

Beyond this, you could look into utilizing one of our third-party signup form providers who do allow for unique/"already submitted" form messages. Your ecommerce provider may have form options like this as well.

Can you provide an example where you see a profile that is already on your list receiving / using a coupon?

Thank you,

Alex