Solved

Slide up form seems to always show when coming from social media

• 23 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We have our signup form to not show to existing Klaviyo profiles and to not show for another 30 days when x’d out. Which always seems to work in the browser. When launching our site from Instagram in a child browser I am noticing it seems to show always. Is there a fix for this?

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 24 June 2021, 05:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hey, what do you mean by “child browser”?

Tried it out on my laptop and phone. 

On my end, looks like it doesn’t show the pop-up after submitting an email.  Went to your insta and clicked the link and pop-up didn’t show up. 

Not sure what happens if it’s X’d out though.  Since, I’m not a first time visitor now, I’ve missed the boat on testing that out. 

As much as I LOVE Klaviyo, for site pop-up forms check out Privvy or JustUno (that’s the one I use).  There’s more options to control the behaviour of the pop-ups on those services (and they integrate with your Klaviyo list). 

If it’s happening for you still, would you be able to send a Loom (or screenshare) video to show the behaviour that is happening? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hey Manny, thanks for the reply. By child browser I mean the browser window that pops up when you launch something from within IG, ie. Our site link within our bio. Our site is steezbrand.com and our handle is @steezbrand on IG. 

it seems like every time you launch a site from IG it doesn’t have the same cookies saved as your regular browser and so it doesn’t know if you have a klaviyo profile or not. That’s my guess anyways 🤷🏻‍♂️

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hey Justin @steez_brand , I edited my last comment while you posted lol.. realized your site name was your handle

So, it will show up once if you accessed via different browsers, but if you close it then it shouldn’t pop up again (ie. Chrome, Insta, Explorer, etc).

I tried it again on my phone and it’s not popping up when I access it via IG again.  But if I try via another browser on my phone (say, the regular Internet app, which I haven’t accessed your site on, it will most likely show up…. aaaand, I just tried and it did 🙂 )

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Gotcha! Thanks for testing it out. Maybe I’m crazy but I could have sworn it was popping up for me any time i was visiting from Instagram. Hopefully that is not the case tho!