Solved

SMS Embed on Hosted Page

• 8 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I am trying to create a hosted page where I can direct the user to be able to subscribe to our email and SMS program.  Has anyone been able to successfully do this?  

I also tried to create a hosted page and have the pop up show on that specific URL, that didnt work either.

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 9 June 2021, 09:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@cwright_IV 

You can create embed form and put it on a page on your store and than simply link that page from your store in emails to where you ask people to leave their SMS consent..

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @cwright_IV,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

I would agree with @Bobi N.’s suggestion of creating a signup form that would appear on a page that you are redirecting customers to from an email. Besides being the easiest solution, collecting SMS consent from a host page/manage preference pages is not currently supported. 

The various methods you can use to collect SMS consent are:

• Klaviyo signup forms, which you can use to target new and email-only subscribers
  • Click-to-text forms
  • List API
  • Email banners

On top of the method posed by Bobi, you can save a step of redirecting users to a signup form to provide SMS consent by using a click to text banner within your emails. Using this method would allow contacts who are viewing the email on Mobile to click on the banner and provide SMS opt-in consent by texting your SMS number. Users viewing on their Desktop device will have to manually send the opt-in text to your SMS number. You can also incorporate both of these strategies in an email to attract subscribers to provide SMS consent. You can learn more about collecting SMS consent and how to implement this SMS email banner from the Guide to Collecting SMS Consent article. 

Hope this helps!

David