Solved

track signups with Facebook pixel

• 20 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to setup the Klaviyo signup forms to trigger a Facebook pixel event.

The goal would be to optimize Facebook ads for a signup event at our Shopify store. I thought it would be a no-brainer but apparently I can’t figure it out.

I tried to use Facebook’s web-interface for custom events, but it won’t recognize the Klaviyo pop up-form. Any help is most appreciated!

Best,

Oskar

icon

Best answer by David To 20 July 2021, 22:29

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello@Oswl,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Were you hoping to trigger your Facebook Tracking Pixel using a Klaviyo Signup Form?

If this was your goal, then yes, it would be possible to trigger a Facebook tracking pixel each time the Klaviyo signup form was filled out and submitted.

To accomplished this, I would recommend reviewing our Adding Custom JavaScript Events to Forms: General Structure of an Event Listener Help Center Article to get a better understanding of where you would need to add the custom Javascript code. Once you have identified where you should add it, the code you would add would look similar to the example below:

<script>
window.addEventListener("klaviyoForms", function(e) { 
  if (e.detail.type == 'submit') {
// add Facebook tracking pixel code here
  }
});
</script>

Since this would be a custom connection, I would suggest working with a developer or finding a Klaviyo partner to further assist you in adding this JavaScript code to trigger your Facebook Pixel. 

I hope this helps!

David