Solved

Typeform not triggering double opt-in process

• 16 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hey - follow up question to 

We’re probably going to add  links that update profile properties on the “opt-in confirmed” page.

I just tested it by going through the Typeform quiz and then entering my email, but this didn’t trigger the double opt-in email or anything.

Is there a setting in Typeform or Klaviyo we need to update to get it to work? Or is it just the Quiz not being set to “active” yet?

Or for it to work, do we need to embed the “Subscribe” step of the double opt-in process (see screenshot below) into one of the Typeform questions?

Hope that makes sense - your help is much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by David To 16 June 2021, 19:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @TrisG,

It actually looks like my colleague @dov.derin already provided a great answer to your follow up question in the Community Post you highlighted of: 

In case you didn’t get a chance to see it yet please see his response below:

@TrisG, the opt-in pages relating to the list are quite limited. You won’t be able to add in multiple buttons on this page.

Additionally, the Typeform integration will not dispatch a double opt-in email, it will directly subscribe folks to the list you outline in the Typeform settings.

Yes, if you were to embed the subscribe page you highlighted in your screenshot, that would dispatch a double opt-in email if the users filled that subscribe page, but again you’d run into the same issue  -- not being able to configure that opt-in confirmed page with the buttons.

In short, there isn’t an easy way to “shortcut” the preference selection. Your best bet is to follow through with the latter method you outlined in the original post, which is to add buttons using the doc “how to use buttons to collect information about your recipients”, in a flow email triggered off of Typeform’s Filled out Form metric or off of a list-triggered flow that these users are being submitted to. Also keep in mind, the Typeform integration only syncs once per hour (outlined here).

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community and have a great day!

David