Solved

Users randomly getting error when signing up using a form

• 8 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi all,

About 1 out of 20 users signing up with our Klaviyo forms on Shopify get the following error upon hitting the ‘submit’ button:

It happens on mobile safari and chrome so it can’t be due to any random plugins blocking the call.  Anyone else running into this problem?  Do we know what is causing it?

icon

Best answer by David To 8 November 2022, 16:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @SharonSTP,

Welcome back to the Community! 

Great job already starting to troubleshoot by using different browsers.

Outside of ad blockers/plugins and clearing your cache and cookies, I’ve seen this occur if you had site errors that could be causing this behavior. You can typically spot this by reviewing your site code and console and seeing anything is preventing the form from submitting correctly. 

Alternatively, are you connected to a work VPN? This behavior can also be caused by your specific network blocking the request. For this, you’ll you may want to speak with your IT administrators. 

David

Badge +2

Hi David,  this is happening on shopper’s browsers so we have no way of checking their console.  That said, we know these are non-corporate shoppers just shopping on their mobile phone’s browsers so there shouldn’t be any VPN or extensions installed because it’s rather difficult to install an extension on a mobile browser.  

We’ve seen others report this problem to you guys as well and it’s been going on for a while so we know we’re not alone.  To try to help people like us who are experiencing this problem, do you guys have some kind of mechanism to log submission errors when they occur and can you maybe have some kind of retry mechanism to try to submit the form several times before completely erroring out?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @SharonSTP,

I know you had mentioned that this is occurring for your shopper’s browsers, but I would strongly encourage you to attempt to replicate the issue. In doing so would allow you to pull the logs from your console to identify any errors when it does occur. 

Although we don’t have a mechanism to log error submissions or a retry mechanism, I’ll certainly share this feedback with our Product Team! 

David