Solved

Using a drop-down menu in a custom preference page

• 1 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello

We are creating a custom preference page using the example in this article: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005077067-How-to-Custom-Code-an-Unsubscribe-or-Manage-Preferences-Page

However, in this example there is no mention to link a drop-down menu (which we would use for Birthdate or Country)with Klaviyo.

Would anyone have a code that works?

Many thanks,

Sergio

icon

Best answer by David To 1 December 2021, 20:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @SergioC,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Since it sounds like you were looking to build out your own custom Unsubscribe or Manage Preference page using HTML, I would advise working with a developer to custom code the sort of dropdown menu you were looking to implement. If you aren’t familiar with a developer, you can find one from our many accredited Klaviyo partners at our Partner’s Directory who can further assist you in. 

To add a drop-down menu to the example code provided in the How to Custom Code an Unsubscribe or Manage Preferences Page Help Center article you mentioned, you’ll essentially want to build out the dropdown menu using HTML and align each selection to be passing your desired profile property. You can learn more about custom profile properties and mapping them from the Guide to Properties Help Center article.

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Well, we found a solution for posting to & populating from Klaviyo info for a drop-down :)

If anyone needs help on this topic, feel free to reach out ;-)

Badge +2

Well, we found a solution for posting to & populating from Klaviyo info for a drop-down :)

If anyone needs help on this topic, feel free to reach out ;-)

Hi Sergio,

I would be interested to know how you mangage to populate a dropdown field.

Could you share your solution?

Thanks in advance!

Badge

Hi Sergio! 

I am very interested in how you managed to populate a dropdown field, are you able to share your process? 

Thanks so much!

Geraldina