Solved

Variable for Current User's URL

• 21 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Is there an Event Variable that pulls the user’s current URL on a website? I’m looking at this page: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002779071#common-examples-of-event-variables6 and I can’t find the answer I’m looking for.

I’m looking to pull the current URL so that I can use it in a sign up form to redirect users to my other country’s website with the same URL structure.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Dov 22 June 2021, 16:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @blackboxmycar,

Thanks for sharing your question for the Klaviyo Community.

I’m afraid there is not a variable available for the user’s current URL. However, you can simply include a static URL to the other site in your emails with a bit of strategy involved. For example, for flow emails based on placed orders, including links to the general product page of your other site would be one strategy. And for campaigns, you can again target specific static URLs. If you’d like to promote a certain sale on your other site, for example a sale on products of a certain collection, you can directly link them to that collections page.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Badge +2

Thank you for letting me know. Wish there was a way to incorporate variables into signup forms, but thank you.

Badge +1

Hi, 

Solving this would be pretty important to us.

We send out surveys and need to know who has answered them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Mitch-PragmaFlow,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. It has been noted and is definitely something our product team has planned within our roadmap. Although I cannot provide an exact date, I think a workaround worth exploring would be custom coded forms and surveys to see if you can tag specific links to a custom tag on Klaviyo.

All the best,

Alex

Badge +1

So I used a button and added a link. At the end of the link, I for the the parameter 

email=

I added the ‘user’s email’ merge tag, it seems to be working.