Solved

Why am I seeing an Integrations Setting Error Message in my Collect Subscribers Checkbox?

• 21 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hi, I’m having some challenges with email sign-ups to my default Shopify footer sign up not being added to my On-site Newsletter Sign Up list. 

I’ve ensured that both double-opt in (Shopify and Klaviyo) have been turned off. 

When I sign up with a test email, it is creating a customer profile in Shopify AND within Klaviyo, however that profile isn’t being added to a list. 

I noticed that within my Shopify integration tab, the below “Collect Subscribers” checkbox is currently unchecked; but when I check it and select the list, it comes up with the error “We are unable to update your integration settings….”

Is anyone able to advise on this please? Thanks :) 

icon

Best answer by cassy.lee 24 February 2021, 05:12

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @sorratana3,

Since the bug was resolved some time ago, if you are seeing that error indicating that you’re unable to update your integration settings, I would recommend making sure your Shopify integration is connected properly. 

In my experience, the most likely cause for this is if you don’t have the correct Shopify permissions and/or you’re not already signed into your Shopify backend in the same browser. 

If you’re having issues having visitors who subscribed from a Shopify form such as a Shopify footer form, keep in mind you’ll need to add in the <input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter"> hidden input tag to the form’s input group in addition to having the Collect email subscribers checkbox enabled in your integration settings as mentioned in our How to sync Shopify email subscribers to a Klaviyo list Help Center article. 

I’ve previously mentioned this and included some other resources on this topic in the below Community thread:

On the same train of thought, you’ll also need to include another specific snippet to your password protected page in order for users who subscribe from this source to be added to a Klaviyo list:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge

After a year, i still have this issue

Badge +1

Thank you @cassy.lee, just tried it again and it now it works! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @tomyoungs@TJD, and @sultany 

Thanks so much for sharing this experience on the Community forum with us, and thanks for your patience as we investigated this further. This particular issue of the error message “We are unable to update your integration settings at this time. Please refresh or try again later.” was identified as bug by the Klaviyo engineering team, and a fix was released today to address this. If this is still an issue that is occurring for you, please let us know. 

Thanks, 
-Cass.  

Badge +2

Nope - no solution offered yet. :(

Badge +1

So, any solution to this? I'd love to use Klaviyo but because of this it's currently not worth it..

Badge +1

Hi, I'm having the same issue as well. Can't find any solution to this.

Badge +1

Hi! I am having the exact same problem since yesterday. Please let me know if you found a solution? Thanks so much!