Solved

Why are my embed forms not working on Shopify site?

• 3 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I confirmed that the shopify / klaviyo integration is set-up on my site, but when I try to add an embed code to one of my pages, it will not show. I’m trying to create a landing page and was just testing it for now -- but the embed is supposed to show directly beneath the image on this page: 

https://www.affirmativities.com/pages/test-happiness-activity-book 

Can someone please help? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 3 August 2022, 21:43

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

@alex.hong  -- I was able to figure it out -- I guess the particular embed template I was using is for mobile only or something and it wasn’t showing. Thanks for your tips.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @AshHannah,

Welcome to the Community.

If your form is published in Klaviyo but not displaying:

• Verify that you have the onsite code snippet (also known "Active on Site" tracking or Klaviyo.js)  enabled on your site.
  • If you're using an embedded form, verify that you have the embed code installed on your site.
  • Verify that your form is live.
  • Review the Targeting & Behaviors section of the Signup Form Builder: 
    • Check the Targeting section to ensure that the form is configured to display on the URL that you are viewing.
    • Check the Display Timing section to ensure the display timing settings are not too restrictive. If two or more loading delay options are selected, note that all criteria must be met in order for the form to appear. This means that if "Show when the visitor is exiting the page" and "Show after scrolling 60% of the page" are both selected, a visitor must scroll through 60% of the page and show exit intent in order for the form to appear. 
  • Make sure you’re not using Internet Explorer. As mentioned above, new signup forms won’t appear on Internet Explorer.
  • Re-run the test in incognito/private browsing mode in a new window. It may be that you have already closed the popup, which is why it isn't displaying again. We cookie browsers for one year, so once someone closes a popup, they won’t see the same popup again for another year (unless they clear their cookies).
  • If you are using an embedded form, confirm the form’s embed code has been added exactly as it appears in the installation modal, and that it is pasted correctly within your site’s code.
  • Confirm that only one Klaviyo account is integrated with your site. If you have multiple Klaviyo accounts for one store, uncheck the option to Automatically add Klaviyo onsite javascript in all but one account. If you’ve manually installed Klaviyo’s .js, make sure you’ve only installed the snippet from one account.

Hope this helped,

Alex

Badge

I am having an issue mine is showing on the page but when you complete the information it says error try again later.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @kissed1,

I would suggest taking a look at some past Community posts that discuss this sign-up form error. I’ve linked some below that may prove helpful:

Oftentimes this sort of error is caused by an ad-blocker, anti-viral software, or an extension you’re running. 

David