Solved

Why is my Pop Up constantly reappearing after clicking the 'X' button?

• 5 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi there!

We are experiencing this simple yet such an impactful bug that in the past couple days has literally zero-ed our conversions. Everything being invested on ad spend is being wasted. 

On clicking the close ‘X’ button at top right of the pop up (Signup Forms), the pop up disappears and reappears within the same second. So the user is not able to get rid of it and is dropping out.

Klaviyo support is so poor to get back after 2 days. Any thoughts about the issue or how this could be resolved?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 6 April 2022, 16:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @sahej

Welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear this has been a frustrating experience for you, would love to help! 

In my experience, when a popup form is constantly being reloaded after the exit button is submitted, it has related to an issue with conflicting CSS on the customer’s website, as stated in  our documentation on troubleshooting signup forms. I would have your dev team investigate your site to see if you are targeting this form with any additional tags on your website that might be conflicting with the form’s function and therefore causing this issue. 

For instance, in a related issue, the customer was targeting the form with an `!important` tag that looks like this in the source code of the website :

{ display: flex !important;

Thanks for participating in the Community, hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Badge +4

Hi Original Poster, 

did you ever resolve this?  We too have had *some* complaints of the exact same behavior and we are trying to figure out what in the heck is going on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @JayH , 

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

I’d suggest following the similar steps I shared with your peer and inspect your source code for any conflicting CSS in your website that would be affecting the form’s display as you mentioned. Having your dev team investigate your site will help you confirm whether or not there might be any additional tags on your website that could be conflicting with the form’s function and therefore causing this issue. 

-Taylor 

Badge +4

Hi @JayH , 

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

I’d suggest following the similar steps I shared with your peer and inspect your source code for any conflicting CSS in your website that would be affecting the form’s display as you mentioned. Having your dev team investigate your site will help you confirm whether or not there might be any additional tags on your website that could be conflicting with the form’s function and therefore causing this issue. 

-Taylor 

Thanks for the reply.  This seems unlikely in our case.  We aren’t able to replicate the issue ourselves, and neither can Klaviyo support.  But a couple of customers HAVE reported this issue to us.  I would suspect that a CSS issue would happen across many many more customers, or even us.

In any case, at no time did we use any CSS code to target the pop up form, it all happens automagically through the klaviyo - woocommerce plugin.

We’ve disabled the form for now while we try to figure out what could be happening, and how it’s happening intermittently.  The only piece of information I have is that the customer was on windows desktop using Microsoft Edge browser.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @JayH

This is a very interesting case! I was able to review your ongoing ticket with our Support team and can see that they are waiting on your response to continue the troubleshooting process. Our support team will be more equipped to investigate code and queries in your account, however, I know it would benefit the Community and your peers to hear what the issue and solution was to this when you discover it! 

-Taylor 

Badge +4

Hi @JayH

This is a very interesting case! I was able to review your ongoing ticket with our Support team and can see that they are waiting on your response to continue the troubleshooting process. Our support team will be more equipped to investigate code and queries in your account, however, I know it would benefit the Community and your peers to hear what the issue and solution was to this when you discover it! 

-Taylor 

Well the request in my ticket it to try to get my customer (a senior) to record her screen and send it to us.  This is going to be difficult to accomplish, and I’m not sure what it would show if it shows the same thing we already reported.  But we will see if she is willing to do it.. maybe she could let us record a zoom or something.

Hey, just popping in here after a year of this being inactive.

I have a similar issue on my webshop. There is no CSS targeting the form. The form permanently closes when clicking on the x on the flyout, however if you first open up the pop-up and thereafter click close, it doesn’t register as a close properly. The form will just reappear on the next loaded page.

Please see attached video file here (sorry the video is slow. The inspect mode is quite horrendous;)) When viewing my user sessions by tools like HotJar, I see that many users have this problem and in the end just leave it be - causing a bad user experience
Can anyone help understand how to resolve this?