Solved

Why isn't My Legacy Embed form Redirecting to URL upon form submission?

• 16 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I am trying to redirect to a confirmation page when a sign up form is submitted. I found a snippet in other answers that I am trying to use but it is not working--Ithe success modal still appears after submission and the url does not change. This is a shopify site and I made by Sign up form in the wysiwyg form creator. Here is the code at the bottom of my theme.liquid file

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 16 December 2021, 21:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @danai

Welcome to the Community! We are happy you’re here! 

It appears that this is a code from ourEmbed Legacy Forms. Unfortunately, as legacy forms involve custom coding, neither Support nor Community can help you troubleshoot what’s happening here.

However, I would recommend revisiting our Help Center documentation under what the code should look when Redirecting Subscribers to a New Page After Form Submission. Custom HTML and CSS can be tricky as even a space or letter missing or added can render the code unsuccessful. I suggest reaching out to your dev team or one of our awesome Klaviyo partners to help you find a solution! 

Thanks for participating in our Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +2

The example you provide for “embed legacy forms” is where I copied this snippet from. However, I am not using an “embed legacy form” to my knowledge. I have a klaviyo script in the header of my html doc rather than HTML for the form itself within my template files. So how do you accomplish redirecting to a specific URL in the current form version (i.e. not the legacy form)? I don’t see any configuration for this in the Klaviyo form builder. i.e. I don’t see anything here:

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @danai

Thank you for clarifying! 

It seems that you are in your Success Message step of your Form builder. I’d recommend taking a step back to your ‘Email Opt-In’ stage and clicking on your Form’s button to change the CTA and bring your user to a different URL upon form submission. 

In the destination URL box you see below, add the URL you want to send send your user to after they sign up. 

-Taylor