Solved

Woocommerce 'unable to detect sign up forms installed' message, but I'm using plugin.

• 29 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Having a few issues setting up Klaviyo, which is very frustrating.

I have already installed and linked the wordpress plugin. My sales data has all transferred, except for one issue (Started Checkout doesn’t track) that I’ve contacted support about.

I’ve built my first sign up form. When I hit publish, I receive the following error:

Unable to detect that signup forms are successfully installed on your site. Please view the installation documentation.

I click on the link but it tells me that if I’m using Woocommerce and have integrated using the plugin, I don’t need to add the code snippet. Everything is set up correctly, so not sure why this is happening.

I’ve hit publish, it says it’s live. I’ve added the form embed code to my website but it doesn’t appear.

What’s the fix?

icon

Best answer by Dov 30 July 2021, 15:33

View original

6 replies

Badge +3

Alright final message, for anyone else with a similar issue.

I haven’t had to add the JS — Divi theme does not show a preview of the sign up form until you save and exit visual builder. So it’s all working.

Thanks Dov for taking the time to reply :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @jessicamdf,

Thanks for your reply.

If you are using a 3rd party checkout page, you may need to paste the snippet of javascript on this page (the plug-in would not cover this). Can you let me know if you can see this code when you inspect your website? On the checkout page or on the main site. Also if you are using a one-page checkout, you may need to install a plugin such as Cartflow, to enable one-page Checkout processes to be tracked. 

Also, I would ensure that you have downloaded the latest version of the Klaviyo extension for WooCommerce. Instructions for downloading the update are available here.

I would also try disabling any other plug-ins you have installed in WordPress. One of them may be causing a conflict with our code. There have been instances where WP Rocket caused an issue, for example.

Alternatively, you can add custom code to your WooCommerce theme in order to pass the Started Checkout event to Klaviyo using the Track API and an associated reference guide. You can find an example of an event here.

I hope that is helpful!

Badge +3

Hi Dov,

Sorry, I’m a bit lost. Are your recommendations for fixing the Sign Up form problem (what this thread is about) or the Started Checkout issue (separate issue that is now resolved)?

Your tip re: space in API key I think has fixed the Started Checkout problem. So I really just need to add sign up forms to the site!

Badge +3

Ok, so just checked my sign up form in Klaviyo and now it says Signup forms are successfully installed on your site. So seems like just a lag between updating the API Key and seeing the integration pick it up.

But, the form is still not appearing when I add the embed code.

The mailchimp shortcode I was using worked fine, so I don’t think it’s the theme I’m using (Divi). I enter the code and nothing at all appears.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @jessicamdf,

Thank you for sharing this with the Community. First, I apologize for the frustration you’ve experienced thus far. Let’s get you moving in the right direction.

In terms of the WooCommerce Started Checkout metric, I recommend reviewing the post below which provides some solutions for you to explore:

Additionally, within the Woocommerce plugin where you have added the Klaviyo Public API key, can you ensure there are no spaces before the first character of the API key? A space would cause the script to break.

I would also double-check that the Klaviyo onsite JS is present on the checkout page for your WooCommerce store. The onsite javascript is responsible for capturing these Started Checkout events and so in order to resolve the issue, we will need to have this script present on the checkout page. Typically this is taken care of by the plug-in. I would also verify that the Klaviyo onsite javascript is present on other pages on your site, if not, you can manually add it in to your main theme file. We have additional instructions for installing embed forms on WooCommerce here. I am posting the Klaviyo onsite javascript script below. You would just need to replace “Public API Key” with your actual public API key.

I believe this may resolve both issues since the error may very well be a result of the missing onsite javascript.

<script type="text/javascript" async 
src="https://static.klaviyo.com/onsite/js/klaviyo.js?company_id=Public API Key"></script>
Badge +3

Hi Dov, thanks for answering.

You were right, I did have a space in the API key. However, this hasn’t resolved the issue. It still doesn’t appear when I add the code; and I’m getting the same error message in Klaviyo.

Thanks for providing the snippet, but why do I need to add the JS if the plugin should do this? Surely this is a plugin issue that needs to be resolved?