Solved

Fix typo in a custom property name

• 4 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I created a custom property by defining and setting the property for a single user, but I ended up with a typo in the name. Is there a way to edit the property name or to delete it? I tried deleting it from the user it was added to, but have not yet tried deleting the user altogether. I mangled the name on two custom properties so far, and so wonering if it can be fixed without having to start an entirely new Klaviyo account

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 5 May 2024, 00:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @Barmillion, welcome to the Klaviyo community!

The good news is you definitely have no need to create a new Klaviyo account. (:

However, you will need to get in touch with Klaviyo support and ask them to help you delete the custom property you created with a typo. They need to do that on the backend, so if you want the property to be removed from your account, they’ll need to help you.

If you’re trying to get unstuck now, you can create a new custom property with the correctly formatted name, and it won’t override or interfere with the property that needs to be deleted. Just remember - in this case, slow is smooth and smooth is fast! Take your time, and double check what you’re setting up before you save it. 

I’ve had this happen before too, and it’s a bit of a pain but easily solved!

Best of luck,

Gabrielle