Access to Coupons from API

• 22 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Is there any plans to allow access to Coupon Codes via an API?

We have a number of integrations that are providing a lot of loyalty like functionality but without automation of the loading and use of coupons they are limited. 

We have an external process for getting dynamic coupon codes generated. However without an API we are down to having to load them into Klaviyo through a CSV Import each time. Yes in 2023. There is no API support for uploading coupons yet.

How do we check how many codes we have left to be used?   This requires us to be able to get the current codes loaded and also identify those that are “used up” This is not in the current Klaviyo API.
But you can see it in the interface of Klaviyo easily.

It seems that adding this API would be relatively easy as we just need what is in the front end to be exposed. Unfortunately coupons are not an example of “API-Led Development”

Does any one else need this?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @TranslatorHQ , this is a bit of a workaround idea for you, but the Gatsby app (my company) hits the Shopify Coupon Code API to generate or import Shopify codes, and then syncs these codes to Klaviyo profiles as custom properties, so they can be added to the Flows. Not sure if its gets at what you need, but you could look into Gatsby as your coupon code generator / sales tracker and could likely bypass the manual import process you’re doing. The codes wouldn’t track in Klaviyo though, so something to deeper dive with me on. https://apps.shopify.com/gatsby

Badge +1

Brett,

Thanks for this, unfortunately our customers would all be in your HIGH GROWTH pricing so it will be hard to get the spend approved. They are primarily looking for Klaviyo coupons to replace / complement Loyalty systems like Loyalty Lion / Yotpo etc.

Anyone else think an API would be a good idea if it does not exist?

Thanks

Derek 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @TranslatorHQ!

A Klaviyo coupon API is a highly request feature, so I can assure you that our Product team is aware and considering this for functionality for the future!

I will update the thread if there are any updates!

Best,

Brian

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @TranslatorHQ and @Brett_Gatsby! We just released access to coupons via API in beta this week. Here’s the guide with more information. Please use this form to provide feedback on it, or feel free to send me a private message on the Community. 

We have an external process for getting dynamic coupon codes generated. However without an API we are down to having to load them into Klaviyo through a CSV Import each time. Yes in 2023. There is no API support for uploading coupons yet.

You should be able to automate this process to create coupons and create unique codes for them. These coupons can be referenced in templates, just as the “uploaded coupons” can. 

How do we check how many codes we have left to be used?   This requires us to be able to get the current codes loaded and also identify those that are “used up” This is not in the current Klaviyo API.
But you can see it in the interface of Klaviyo easily.

You can retrieve coupon codes for a particular coupon and filter by status (e.g. whether they have been assigned) and expiration, so you should be able to check programmatically whether you need to create additional coupon codes.