Solved

Adding Users to an Account - Not Working Properly?

• 16 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi All!

I have a kind of weird issue going on, I’m hoping someone will be able to understand it. So my agency manages several clients’ Klaviyo accounts, and I would usually log into my coworker’s account, who has access to all of the clients.

Last week, I went in and added myself as an admin for all of these clients, so that I wouldn’t need to login to my coworker’s account every time. Well, it did give me access, as I can see the accounts in the drop-down when logged in to my account. However, when I click on any of these, it acts as though that account is brand new, and wants me to set up everything for each client. Obviously the accounts are already set up, so I’m a little scared to touch anything when logged into my account, as I don’t want to accidentally wipe any of the data. Thoughts? I’m happy to clarify further.

icon

Best answer by David To 17 August 2021, 20:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @SamuelKow,

Glad to hear you got everything resolved. Also really appreciate you following up and explaining your situation and what helped you solve your issue! I’m sure this will help fellow Community members who may be stuck in a similar situation!

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Badge +2

Thanks David! I was doing everything through Klaviyo and not shopify, however, I was able to get it working. Essentially I logged out and in again, and because it was a new account I set up for myself, it needed me to confirm my email. When I confirmed, it gave me the access I needed.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @SamuelKow,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

When you say you are logged into your client’s Klaviyo account and is “acting as though that account is brand new, and wants me to set up everything” are you being greeted by the Klaviyo setup wizard? If so, this may mean you may have inadvertently created a new Klaviyo account linked and associated with these various accounts. This can happen a number of ways but most commonly occurs if you are launching the Klaviyo app from an ecommerce’s app launcher as opposed to logging into your account from the Klaviyo.com website. 

To resolve this, I would recommend taking either of the recommended solutions in the below Community posts to resolve the issue:

In addition, did you already have a pre-existing Klaviyo login credential? Since it sounds like you logged into your coworker’s Klaviyo account to add yourself as a user to these accounts, are you adding the email address associated with your pre-existing Klaviyo login credentials? If you had entered a brand new email address, you’ll need to setup this new Klaviyo login credential/user account with several verification questions and confirm your email address in order to gain access to the account. You can also find more information about multi-account access and find steps to add users to an account from the How to Add Users and Manage Permissions and About Multi-Account User Privileges Help Center articles. 

I hope this helps!

David