Solved

+ How Does Cookies Work with Klaviyo?

• 21 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Thanks in advance for everyones help with my questions.

1) Do we have to have cookies enabled on our website in order to get the full functionality of Klaviyo?

We are located in Spain and have strict compliances with cookies.

2) If we set up Klaviyo’s onsite tracking, will that prompt the visitors of our website to accept cookies?

3) Do we need to enable Shopify’s cookies banner too?

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 22 March 2024, 09:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Myze-Life 

Here is article about klaviyo cookies and how they work https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034666712

But in short from what I know (if something hasn’t changed lately) Klaviyo cookies work in a way where people will be cookied only if they interact with any klaviyo email or any klaviyo sign up form (static or pop up).

So only people interested in email marketing that do something related to email marketing and being added to klaviyo will be cookied which mean probably this shouldn't be a problem with the cookie laws but honestly I’m not much familiar with those laws with Spain. The logic would say if people leave their email they are interested in a brand and want to be tracked for the emailing marketing purposes but I don’t know if that is ok according to the Spain cookies law.

random visitors on your website who don’t interact with klaviyo forms or email or never bought from your website will not be cookied just because they are visiting your website.

Badge +2

Bobi. You’re incredible. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.