Solved

Web tracking code is not working?

• 8 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi there,

I set up the web tracking code back end of the shopify but seems like not working. Could you please tell me why the code is not working. I checked in Klaviyo Activity feed there are no View product and Active on site data.

Please help me I hope you understand my concerns.

Thank you so much.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 8 November 2021, 22:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hey there @forman,

Thanks for posting to the Community and hope to offer you some insight into what might be causing this issue.

Customers have noticed that this can occur either because the viewed product snippet was not properly added onto their site or they had multiple klaviyo.js snippets installed which causes internal errors. If the second is the case, please modify your product.liquid file so that it only includes one instance of the code snippet. Having multiple snippets can cause technical issues with the tracking process.

It may also be due to how your theme is set up. Do you have a product-template.liquid file? If so, can you try removing the snippet from the product.liquid file, and moving it there instead. Please note that it can't be installed in both at the same time.

If it doesn't show up when it has been added to one of these two pages, it might be because your theme is using another liquid page for your products. Unfortunately this is not something we can detect out on our side. I would suggest you contact Shopify's support or the theme developer to find out which liquid file is used for your products, and install the snippet there.

Also, I'd like to take some time to explain that the Viewed Product metric will only trigger for identified profiles.

There are three key ways Klaviyo will be able to identify a site visitor for web tracking purposes:

• If someone has, at some point, clicked through a Klaviyo email to your website
  • If someone has, at some point, subscribed/opted-in through a Klaviyo form
  • If someone has, at some point, logged into your site and you have identify tracking installed

Someone needs to have performed one of these actions in order to be tracked on your website for the purposes of tracking metrics such as Active on Site, Viewed Product, and Added to Cart.
If you'd like to ensure you are tracking as many people as possible, I recommend using Klaviyo Signup Forms and making sure your emails have plenty of links back to your website. 
Please see this guide from our Help Center for a more detailed explanation: Guide to Klaviyo Web Tracking.

It is difficult to say without taking a deeper dive into your account and site. I would recommend reaching out to our Support team who can actually take a closer look into how your page and whatnot are setup and can offer additional guidance. 

Thanks!
Alex

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thank you so much Alex. I'm impressed!

Yeah I finally solve the problem. I put the code 'product-templete.liquid and now it's working! 🤟😎

I hope this type of problems people gonna facing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

That’s great to hear @forman! I’m glad you could fix the solution and thank you for sharing your solution!