Question

Double opt-in confirmation email isn't sending for new emails added via API

• 10 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

When adding users to a list with double opt-in enabled, the confirmation emails don’t appear to get sent. This may be because of testing and my IP, but the issue is happening for several other people, so I believe there is another reason.

Adding a new user goes:

1. Create/update profile endpoint so we can also add custom fields
  2. Then the profile-subscription-bulk-create-jobs endpoint for consent

I have now tested with 2 different valid emails and have not received and email and they have not been added to the list. I already checked spam, trash and promotion folders. The mailboxes aren’t full and there aren’t any blocks on the klaviyo domain.

Is there a problem with the way we are subscribing emails? Or do we need to add a custom domain?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @gleamdev!

When you go to one of these profiles in your Klaviyo account, what is their subscription status?

- Brian

Badge +1

@Brian Turcotte It has a ‘Never subscribed’ status.

@gleamdev I have exactly the same problem :( Do you have a paid plan? I was thinking that maybe that’’s the reason? Otherwise I have no idea. 

Badge

I’m having the same issue! Profiles that I opt in to SMS via profile-subscription-bulk-create-job are not updating their status to Subscribed.

Badge +1

@LiliMarie We don’t have a paid plan, but I believe some of our customers do and double opt-in isn’t triggering for them either.

@Brian Turcotte Would this be related to whether I have a paid plan or not?