Solved

Subdomain needs SSL

• 8 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

SSL setup, looking for a bit of advice as going round in circles with Godaddy / Shopify etc. We have a domain name on Godaddy, the root is pointing straight at Shopify store which is now protected with an SSL under Shopify's system.

The problem is, we have setup a subdomain on Godaddy for dedicated tracking for Klaviyo, which is ok and works, however, the subdomain does not have an SSL on it and we need it to, but Godaddy said it can't be done as you are pointing the main domain to Shopify.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this without breaking anything? Is it possible to point the subdomain to Cloudflare then get it secured on there, then point it from Cloudflare back to I think it’s Sendgrid Klaviyo use which will then link back to Klaviyo? Thank you for any advice/help 🙂

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 9 August 2023, 00:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @ChrisLeavers!

I noticed you opened a ticket with Klaviyo Support recently where it was recommended to utilize a third party CDN service of your choice to set up SSL for your Dedicated Click Tracking domain.

Since your site isn't actually hosted by GoDaddy, you'll need to pick a third party service:

Did you have trouble implementing this solution? If so, where exactly did you get stuck?

Best,

Brian

Badge

Hi Brian,

You are correct, about me putting in a post to Klaviyo support, but I’m gathering all the info from different places, as my boss wants to make sure we have all info and see what is what, because it is a live website with daily sales and we cant have it go wrong for too long and the problem is we have had different info from Godaddy / Shopify / Klaviyo so when you get different advice you have to ask in the community as there could of been someone who has actually done it :-)

All the best

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @ChrisLeavers!

Totally understandable! I think that for this issue, continuing the conversation with Support will be more effective as they will be able to discuss more private/account-level information.

Best,

Brian

Hello guys,

We have the same issue.

We have Shopify website and our domain provider is Godaddy.

And we stuck with setting up the SSL on our click tracking subdomain.

We are looking for a solution and it is really important for us. Maybe someome already found a solution how to solve this issue?