Solved

Can I remove a user from list with the API by adding the identifier to the URL and not the body?

• 4 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I have another system that won’t let me add a body to a delete API request. Is there a way for me to add the identifier I want to delete into the request URL instead of in the body of the request?

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 8 November 2021, 18:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @BethW 

Thank you so much for coming to the Klaviyo Community for help with this!

I’m asking some of our experts for advice, and will update you as soon as I get something of value! Also there are a number of Community members who may be able to help out, @retention got any ideas here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @BethW 

I have an update from our engineers for you! Klaviyo uses REST API and that currently does not support using bodies for DELETEs. Our engineers have put this on the product board to evaluate for possible future updates. I will update this thread if there is any updates around this topic! 

Thank you so much for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge +2

Hi @stephen.trumble

In your API documentation, it specifically states you need to add the identifiers of the users you want to delete to the body of the API call.

What's your telling me here contradicts that. 

Can you provide me an example of what a successful delete request would look like please?

Thank you

Beth