Solved

Can't send my campaign 'Possible Email Content Issues'

• 24 November 2021
  • 13 replies

Badge +2

Hi
I’Ve send several campaign without problems.
But this time I’ve tried to send one and when I review my content I have a yelow tag to:

Possible Email Content Issues

1 item in your email is blank or has placeholder content. Please review your email before continuing.

I’ve tried to check what is the problem, what is missing, I don’t see anything… Any ideas?
Thank you

icon

Best answer by Fanny 24 November 2021, 17:20

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi Fanny, 

It’s possible that a text block was added to the template and has no content inside, which could trigger this warning. To remove the warning, you’ll need to click around your template to find the block. If you have unique content on mobile view, be sure to check the mobile version as well. 

If removing the block affects the alignment of your email design, replace it with a spacer block, which is an intentionally empty block designed to create space between elements. 

If you are clicking around but cannot find any empty text block, please tell us here and include a screenshot of your campaign design so we can take a closer look.

I hope this helps!

Badge +2

Response: finnaly my campaign was blocked because of Smart Sending!!! So all is fine now!
Thank you!

Badge +4

Having this issue too and as far as I can tell there are no blocks with content I have NOT edited to that is blank.

Pretty frustrating because now I’m worried I’m missing something. Constant contact has a similar error check but indicates which block has the error. Would love to see that implemented in Klaviyo. 

Badge +2

Hey @StaciS! Sorry you are having this issue as well! This warning can come up if you add a block to the editor that has not been edited in any way - pretty much, it’s just trying to warn you that a block has been dragged in and not been updated so that you don’t accidentally send blank content, but I can totally see how that would be frustrating. 

I would double check and see if you have any blocks that haven’t been edited at all. At the end of the day, you can still send your campaign even if you see this error, it’s just warning you that there could be a potential issue and is encouraging you to double check to try to prevent any issues. 

I hope this helps and you are able to get it sorted out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @LeahN,

Apologies to hear you’re running into some confusion. Do you mind explaining or sharing a screenshot of what error message is showing up and on what step of the mail sending process?

Thank you!
Alex

Badge +1

@alex.hong It’s coming up on the review step of the campaign scheduling process, with the error “possible email content issues”

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @LeahN,

Have you checked both your Mobile and Desktop email content? Sometimes customers will have a blank block or a default/unedited block in one or the other and that will cause this issue to appear. This is simply a warning to let you know that a block within your email has basic placeholder content, or is blank. However, if you didn't make any changes to your email and this warning populated, I am not quite sure what could be at play here. 

If you cannot find any errors then I would have to direct you to Contact Support as they can take a deeper look into your actual account and template. You can also learn more about troubleshooting campaign error messages here - Troubleshooting Email Template Error Messages.

Thank you,

Alex

Badge +2

It make sens I will check and keep you posted!
Thank you!

Badge +2

Unfortunnaly I’ve checked and I didn’t find empty box :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @Fanny, I’m glad you were able to get it cleared up and send your campaign!

Badge +1

I’m having same issue and no missing text or hiding empty blocks and nothing wrong with the Smart Sending so I’m at a loss and extremely frustrated. Can anyone help? This is my first time using Klaviyo and so far it has been far from user friendly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Apologies to hear that @NRBW,

Sometimes this can happen if there are text blocks that are just empty or if there are blank images. If this happens again, you should try clicking the blank spaces between blocks to see if there is an empty block then delete it.

If you are seeing the message, "We found 1 block in your email that either still has the default text unmodified or is blank. Please review your email before continuing.

This is more of a Reminder than an Error Message. Looking at your template,  you have an empty text block that is acting as a spacer as shown below. While this is completely fine. Klaviyo is recognizing the empty block, and is just letting you know that you may have forgotten to add text. 

Sometimes, people use empty text blocks to act as a spacer block. To get rid of that error message, you can add a space to that text block, delete it and replace it with a Spacer block, or delete it and add padding to the bottom of the Line block immediately above it. 

We appreciate the feedback and I will make note of that.

Thank you,

Alex

Badge +1

Hi, I’m having the same problem - been over my email many times and there are no empty text blocks or images, but it is still getting the error. Makes it nerve wracking to schedule it to send, even though I’ve been over it with a fine tooth comb! It would be great to get an idea of where in the email the error is coming from.