Solved

Profile property updates and profiles being excluded from a flow

• 6 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Folks,

I’ve created a custom property called “Global Welcome Flow” with a value of either “active” or “complete” with the idea of excluding someone from promotional emails when they are still new and in the welcome flow.

When the profile starts in the flow, it’s updated to “active”, when they reach the end of the flow, the property is updated to “complete”.

What I would like to know, is if the customer places an order at some time BEFORE completing the rest of the welcome flow, are they going to be stuck with the property of “active” because the flow filter “placed an order X times since starting this flow” has prevented them from continuing through?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 6 July 2021, 05:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Ah, thank you @Mailbox Manny ! I think i’ll get rid of my “welcome flow/active/complete” properties and replace it with something along the lines of “InFlow actve/complete” since I can then use the same solution as @DavidSandel did. 

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hey @wernstrom, this is a great question.  If your welcome flow filter is set to only include people who haven’t placed an order, then Yes it will kick them out without updating the property.

@DavidSandel has a great solution to this.  He created a loom video, check it out here:

Here’s the original thread:

Hope that helps!