Sending Dynamic Shopify coupons to external source via webhook

• 22 November 2022
  • 10 replies

Badge +1

Hey folks,

I’m wondering if there’s a way to do this.

Flow:

1. Contact enters the Flow via a trigger
  2. Contact receives a Dynamic coupon via email
  3. Webhook sends data (first name, last name, email, coupon)

Where I’m stuck is the third step, since it doesn’t seem to recognize the dynamic coupon inside the Email step, I guess because it’s local to that step.

I tried adding the coupon to the Contact’s profile so I can pull it from there, but that doesn’t work either.

Anyone has a clue on how this can be done?

Thanks!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Swell 

The only workaround that I’ve been able to find is to export coupon codes, including the profiles they are assigned to. Go to Coupons, then select "View History" in the menu on the right-hand side.  Select a definition of your Coupon, then click the Export button at the top of the page.  This will allow you to export Active codes, Expired codes, or both, including the profiles that they are assigned to.  You then should be able to upload that information into your ecommerce platform or other database where you need it. 

For more information on using this feature, please see this article: Export Coupon Information.

Hope this helps!

Badge

Hi @stephen.trumble, thank you for your quick response. Clear, I understand. Can you perhaps provide an idea for a workaround? That would be very helpful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Swell 

Thanks for following up on this.

Unfortunately, this feature is still in development. I will add your request with the product team. As for the post being marked as solved, we mark a question as solved when the best answer is given at the time of the question. As there hasn’t been a product update on this topic, the answer given is still the best, unfortunately. 

Although I cannot guarantee anything, we have had a number of community members requesting this feature recently so I am hopeful that the product team will evaluate these request and prioritize this is the future.

Badge

This issue is marked solved, but is it?

Badge

@alex.hong @Brian Turcotte

Hi guys, is there any news on this feature?

Or can you perhaps suggest a workaround to add unique coupon codes to a webhook?

thanks!

Hey folks,

I’m wondering if there’s a way to do this.

Flow:

1. Contact enters the Flow via a trigger
  2. Contact receives a Dynamic coupon via email
  3. Webhook sends data (first name, last name, email, coupon)

Where I’m stuck is the third step, since it doesn’t seem to recognize the dynamic coupon inside the Email step, I guess because it’s local to that step.

I tried adding the coupon to the Contact’s profile so I can pull it from there, but that doesn’t work either.

Anyone has a clue on how this can be done?

Thanks!

Generate a dynamic coupon code of each contact. You can use a coupon generation tool or develop custom code to create unique coupon codes. Store these codes in a database or a data source accessible to your workflow. Thanks

Badge +2

Hi @Jason Stothard ,

At the moment we are still working on this as a product update so apologies for the inconvenience. 

Hi Alex,

is there any news on this feature? I currently plan to use a external service for postcards but I cannot send them the dynamic coupon code due to this limitation.

Would be great to get that feature.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Philipp

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Jason Stothard ,

At the moment we are still working on this as a product update so apologies for the inconvenience. 

Badge

Hello, is there an update to this thread? In the KSA email usage is low compared to SMS / WhatsApp, Klaviyo does not support SMS natively in KSA so we have a 3rd party service via API.

Because sending dynamic coupon codes via webhook is not currently supported we are stuck without a solution and cannot send dynamic coupon codes via Klaviyo to our customers / prospects.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @uruhara and welcome to the Community!

At this time your use case isn’t possible because dynamic Coupon codes (dynamic) are not not supported via webhooks.

I will check with the Product team to see if this functionality is being planned for any time in the future. 

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian