Solved

Back in Stock is not showing in different language

• 19 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi there,

I set up basic Back in Stock flow and add script tags to our website which has German language by default.

I only modified styles from the script code.

The notify button works for the german leagueage version, but when I change to englisch version , the button is not showing. 

Regards

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 20 February 2024, 18:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Reuter

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

This can happen with translated pages as the back in stock snippet fails to be read correctly. The language change affects the site code targeted for Back in Stock and prevents Klaviyo from being able to correctly identify the targeted items on your page.

I have a potential workaround if you are using Shopify 2.0 with Custom Liquid Blocks. It would entail manually putting in the code for the button to show when the page is translated.

First, you'll want to make sure the Back in Stock snippet is installed as normal and then follow these instructions:

1. Login to Shopify admin
  2.  Navigate to Online Store > Themes
  3.  Click the Customize button  
  4.  From the top dropdown menu, select Products > Default product  
  5.  When viewing the elements of the product form, hover your mouse over the Add to Cart button. You will see a `+` symbol on the top and bottom of the button.  
  6.  Hover your mouse over the bottom `+` symbol. A new 'Add block' button should appear. 
  7.  Click the 'Add block' button. Choose 'Custom Liquid'
  8. The Custom Liquid block is where you will insert the following code:
<a class="klaviyo-bis-trigger" href="#" style="display:none;">Notify Me When Available</a>

9.) SAVE this change!

Hope this helps! 

-Taylor 

Badge

Hello Taylor,

Thank you very much for your help, but this workaround also changes the setting for the default language.

Likewise, only text is displayed and no button. The German language version is also shown to the customer. Is there no elegant solution to this problem?

Regards

Reuter