Solved

Custom integration - Need to test scope of Api Key

• 9 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I am doing a custom integration and I will be getting API Keys from the customers. I need to ensure the API Keys have access Full Access to Catalogs, Events, List, Profiles, Subscriptions scopes.

Is there a way for me to check the API Key scopes via API (or any other way) other than just making POST calls to the different endpoints?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 9 November 2023, 19:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Chris1294!

At this time, there is not a supported API endpoint that can achieve this - however, I did speak with our API engineers on this topic, and they would like to know a little more about what you’re building and why this functionality would be important, if you’re willing to share!

Best,

Brian

Badge +1

Hi @Brian Turcotte,

Thank you for taking a look. Sure thing, happy share.

Think of my use case as a sort of Shopify where admins (we call them brands) will onboard and create/update their catalog items, they can see orders and also manage integrations. We have support for Klaviyo now. 

From them we get from an API Key and we sync their items, orders (as events), customer profiles (from those orders), and add those customers to the list they want. For this the API key they provide needs to have Full Access to those scopes and so we would like to test the permissions/access right away when they provide the API Key.

In the meantime I guess I will attempt to create an item, a profile and add it to a list, as well as send a sample event to test.