Solved

Custom Klaviyo API Integration: Abandoned Cart Flow Preset Missing – Is It Unavailable for Custom Solutions?

• 15 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have built a custom integration using the Klaviyo API. I want to create an Abandonded cart flow. But when I click “create flow” then the abandonded cart flow preset is not present there. Is this because I have a custom solution and these flows are not available for me or ?

Thanks for your advice.  

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 18 September 2023, 17:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @it magic!

Here’s our Help Center article on this topic if you’re interested:

From the article:

Most pre-built abandoned cart flows trigger based on the Started Checkout metric, which triggers when someone enters their information at checkout and moves to the next step of the process, but some ecommerce integrations track the Added to Cart metric, which triggers when someone adds an item to their cart but doesn't place an order. If you are using Shopify or BigCommerce for example, you will need to set up this metric manually.

Since you’re using a custom integration, you may be lacking a metric that can trigger the flow, like Started Checkout or Abandoned Cart. I would start by confirming that one of those metrics is in your account. If it’s not, you may have to create it from scratch using these developer guides:

Best,

Brian