Solved

Custom metrics for Gift Cards & Invoices

• 12 March 2024
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

We’re moving our Shopify transactional email to Klaviyo and have to create custom metrics for these emails:

• New gift card (Sent to the customer or different recipient when a gift card order is fulfilled)
  • Gift card receipt (Sent to the customer if they add a different recipient to the gift card)
  • Draft order invoice (Sent when you create an invoice on the draft order page)
  • Order invoice (Sent when an order has an outstanding balance)
  • Order edited (Sent when an order is edited)
  • Order payment receipt (Sent after you charge a customer's saved payment method)

In the developer guides here I found how to set up metrics for customer accounts and for order delivery updates, but nothing for Gift Cards and (Draft) Order invoices and payments. Can someone share a guide for these metrics?

icon

Best answer by saulblum 12 March 2024, 15:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi, you can create custom events with whatever name you choose. You’d use the Create Event call: https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/reference/create_event

For example:

You’d include the relevant event properties in the Create Event JSON body.

Thanks! I meant more specifically about the event properties for those metrics, if anyone has them set up and which specific properties need to be listed. When we asked Shopify to specify that for these emails, they didn’t know what we were asking..

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thanks! I meant more specifically about the event properties for those metrics, if anyone has them set up and which specific properties need to be listed. When we asked Shopify to specify that for these emails, they didn’t know what we were asking..

Gotcha. It’s entirely up to you, if it’s a custom integration into Klaviyo. You’d want to send whatever event properties you would need for including in messages, plus any properties on which you’d want to segment profiles (making sure those properties are top-level in the JSON so you can segment on them).