Solved

Discrepancy between API and Klaviyo Dashboard

• 5 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have encountered a notable discrepancy between the data obtained from the metric-aggregates endpoint of the API and the corresponding metrics displayed in the dashboard. Specifically, I requested all the events for the metric "Checkout started" for the Shopify integration. In this example: May 20th, 2023.

According to the API response, the total sum of "Checkout started" events for that day is 144,930. However, when I view the same metric in the dashboard, it shows a significantly higher value of 249,490. Furthermore, the dashboard indicates a total count of 11, while the API only provides a total count of 8 for the same period.

I'm concerned that this discrepancy may not be limited to the "Checkout started" metric alone. It's possible that similar inconsistencies could exist between other metrics obtained from the API and their corresponding representations in the dashboard.

I would appreciate any insights or guidance from the community regarding potential reasons for this discrepancy. Has anyone else encountered a similar inconsistency between API data and dashboard metrics? Are there any known factors or potential sources of error that could explain this difference? Any suggestions for troubleshooting or further investigation would be highly valuable.

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 9 June 2023, 06:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Unless your admin/dashboard is set to UTC, you might be seeing a discrepancy because of your local time zone offset.  

Badge

Unless your admin/dashboard is set to UTC, you might be seeing a discrepancy because of your local time zone offset.  

Thanks for the response,

BTW, I set the timezone in the API request body to match my account's timezone. Although it doesn't alter the main result, it merely distributes it across different days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @portermetrics!

I checked with Engineering on this, and for your case, it may be more helpful to create a ticket directly with Support, since this is a highly customizable use case, and involves variables that are specific to your account.

In the meantime, here is our new guide on using this endpoint effectively:

Best,

Brian