Solved

Does Klaviyo support Universal Link flagging the same way that Sendgrid does?

• 28 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Sendgrid makes it manageable to use universal links and standard links without compromising functionality. Is the same available in Klaviyo? Source: https://docs.sendgrid.com/ui/sending-email/universal-links#flagging-your-universal-links

To flag links to your app as universal links, simply include the attribute universal="true" within the HTML link of your email.

SendGrid adds the /uni/ parameter to flagged universal links

For example:

<a href="links.example.com" universal="true">Link to your app!</a>

This way, as long as your association file has the paths restricted to /uni/* as we recommend above, only the links that you want to be handled by your app will be.

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 19 October 2023, 20:37

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @jenssoegaard!

I’m going to check on this with Engineering and I’ll update the thread ASAP!

Best,

Brian

Badge +1

Hi @jenssoegaard!

I’m going to check on this with Engineering and I’ll update the thread ASAP!

Best,

Brian

So, any news from engineering?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @jenssoegaard!

So sorry for the delay in response here! Klaviyo does support universal links in email content, but to do so you would have to set up your own dedicated click tracking to replace Klaviyo’s default click tracking method.

Natively, all links within Klaviyo are wrapped in Klaviyo’s click tracking encoding, which when paired with a universal link would cause the link to not function/redirect correctly. 

Best,

Brian

Badge +1

Hi @jenssoegaard!

So sorry for the delay in response here! Klaviyo does support universal links in email content, but to do so you would have to set up your own dedicated click tracking to replace Klaviyo’s default click tracking method.

Natively, all links within Klaviyo are wrapped in Klaviyo’s click tracking encoding, which when paired with a universal link would cause the link to not function/redirect correctly. 

Best,

Brian

I appreciate you getting back to me. You are answering the wrong question - I already know that Klaviyo support universal links and how to implement it. I have also already implemented my custom link tracking domain supporting universal links.

The problem with the current solution is that it is ALL links or NONE. Sendgrid has made an excellent  solution (and it’s simple, from an engineering perspective), to solve this.

The problem as an example: Yes, all my links open directly in my iOS and Android app, but if I try to send an email with other links (survey, link to my website or even a 3rd party link) they are also caught by universal links and opens up in my app. That obviously does not work for anyone in the real world.

I know Klaviyo is not foreign to sendgrid (😉) so I suggest that engineering simply does the same as what sendgrid has already done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @jenssoegaard!

My apologies for the misunderstanding! I will definitely forward this feedback to our Product team and I’ll update the thread if this functionality changes.

Best,

Brian 

Badge +1

@Brian Turcotte any updates on the desired feature? It is critical if anyone actually wants to use universal links and custom domains with Klaviyo. So far all you are giving us is half a solution. 

Badge +1

Any updates on this? Still highly relevant since current functionality leaves a huge gap in functionality, which (to some) might reflects poorly on Klaviyo (CC @Brian Turcotte)