Question

Fetching All Recipients of a Campaign Using the V2 Endpoints

• 16 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

In the Klaviyo V1 api we could fetch all the recipients for a given campaign using the following api: 

GET
/api/v1/campaign/
{campaign_id}/recipients

There does not seem to be an equivalent in the v2 endpoints. Looking at the comparison chart here: https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/docs/apis_comparison_chart

It suggests to use the following:

GET
/api/campaigns/

GET
/api/segments/
{segment_id}/profiles/

GET
/api/lists/
{list_id}/profiles/

This doesn’t seem to allow us to recreate the same behavior as we could in V1. The campaigns endpoint returns a list of all campaigns. The segment endpoint gives you a list of all the profiles in a segment. And the list endpoint gives you all the profiles in a list. 

A campaign isn’t necessarily associated with a list or segment as far as I can tell, and even so, just because a profile is an active member of a segment or a list, doesn’t mean that they received the email/sms from a campaign and it does not tell us the status.

Am I misunderstanding the hierarchy of information in the V2 endpoints? Is this missing functionality? Do I need to use the events API to find this information? 

Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @stevenwithnorby!

I’ll check on this with the API team and update the thread ASAP!

Best,

Brian

I have the same scenario, where I need to get Campaign Recipients. Seems, the latest API is not straight forward for this. We are migrating v1 legacy to the latest stable API.