Solved

Get only profiles with recent subsciption changes via API

• 17 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I want to get all the profiles with changes in the subscription status (consent; SUBSCRIBED/ UNSUBSCRIBED/ NEVER_SUBSCRIBED) from the last x days. How do I do that? There is no filter for it accoding to the “Get Profiles” documentation (see image). There is a filter for updated, but I think this does not reference to updates in the subscription status (am I right?). There is also a filter for suppression which however is also not what I’m looking for. 

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 8 February 2024, 20:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Robinski!

One of our Community members actually mentions a solution to this same use case here:

Best,

Brian

Badge

Hello @Brian Turcotte ,

I appreciate your reply and the link you provided. It seems that the solution discussed there focuses on filtering based on suppression status changes. However, this doesn't quite align with what I need. My understanding is that a user is marked as suppressed if they unsubscribe. . However, when a user changes from  NEVER_SUBSCRIBED to SUBSCRIBED there is no change in suppression that I can track. Is there no way to filter for changes in subscription status? Something like a timestamp for updates in the subcription status (consent).

Best,

Robin

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Robinski!

My apologies for the delay here!

At this time, there isn’t a way to filter by recent changes via the API. I’ve seen others accomplish this use case by retrieving the Profiles on a regular basis and dynamically comparing them on their own system, but regardless I will forward this to the API team for consideration in future releases.

Best,

Brian