Question

How to create a custom email template in Flow

• 18 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

1. We've been successfully using Flow to send emails through the Evanets API, which has been functioning smoothly. However, I've encountered an issue regarding the transmission of HTML content within the email body.

Specifically, I'm attempting to send a property data value as HTML and utilize it within a variable in our email template. While the HTML content is indeed sent along with the property variable, it's appearing in the email template with HTML tags visible instead of rendering as intended.

Could you kindly advise if there's a workaround or a specific method to ensure that HTML content sent via the event property data variable behaves as HTML within the email template?

I've attached images below for further clarification.

2. We've been exploring options to dynamically update email content within Flow before invoking the event API. Our objective is to ensure that emails are sent with the most up-to-date information, providing a seamless and personalized experience for our recipients.

While we've attempted to update the email template content using the available APIs, we've encountered a challenge. Although the template content reflects the updates we've made, emails sent after hitting the event API still contain the previous content.

Could you kindly advise if there's an API or alternative approach that allows us to effectively update the email template content within Flow before invoking the event API? Our goal is to ensure that emails are consistently delivered with dynamic content tailored to each recipient.

Your assistance with resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @balram!

I’ll take a look internally and update the thread ASAP!

Best,

Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @balram!

My apologies for the delay here! I’m still trying to hunt this information down - I will update the thread as soon as possible!

- Brian