Solved

How to get Active Profile Count without creating new Segment of Active Profile Member

• 9 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I want to get the active profile count from the Api only, I will not be able to create a segment(Active member segment as it is one of the solutions to my question) as I have the API of my client,
So is there any possible way to do it
As of Now, I can get the total profile form get profile API using a recussion call, how can I filter suppressed profiles from it

icon

Best answer by ankitdew05 11 March 2023, 09:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @ankitdew05 ,

Welcome to the Community! 

I did find an API for Get Profiles which would fetch all profiles from a Klaviyo account - though I am uncertain you would be able to filter this by “active” status (i.e. non-suppressed profiles). There is also the Get Profile API call that would return individual profiles (can include parameters for a specific list) which could potentially be gathered in a separate sheet or third-party services for a full count. But again, it does not appear that ‘active’ status is accounted for here. 

In doing a little more digging, I came across this thread on the Community:

And it does not appear that there is currently a direct solution for this without creating a segment. 

Though, it seems that this was previously a requested feature, per this thread:

Klaviyo is always coming out with updates to their API, so it’s likely there may be a solution for this in the future! In fact, details were released as recently as today about an update which now allows us to GET subscriber data via Profiles API.

You can check the Changelog in the Klaviyo Developers to stay up-to-date on the latest changes. 

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have researched about it so we can take this approach, in Profile, we have attributes.subscriptions.email.marketing.suppressions it is an array if the array length is zero then we get to know it is active if the array length is !=0 than it is suppressed so we can loop through it and find.

As the rate limit of get profiles API is 60/m 1/s and looping take some millisecond for 100 profiles so no time complexity problem