Solved

How to insert most view product per mail on a landing page

• 18 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello community

I want to build a landing page with 3 products.

I want these 3 products to be the 3 most viewed products of the person who has their email in my database.

In the same way the product feed works within klavyio.

So that, each mail that will click on an upcoming mail campaign is each their 3 most viewed products.

Do you know how I can do this? Basically, you'll create a products feed linked to the e-mail (as seen in the e-mail editor on klaviyo) but within the landing page on shopify.

The idea is to bring up the person's 3 most viewed products within the landing page, which will have the image of a sales activation.

Many thanks to the klaviyo community!

icon

Best answer by retention 19 March 2024, 00:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Mathieu Malige,

Welcome to the Community! 

I think this might be more of a Shopify question than a Klaviyo question, but I will try my best to assist with your inquiry :)

It seems like you are already well aware of the product feeds and recommendations available in Klaviyo that can be added to your email templates. When it comes to embedding product recommendations onto your website, this process might occur outside of Klaviyo. 

For Shopify, I would encourage you to check out their documentation on Customized product recommendations as they provide some great details on how you can embed recommended products dynamically, per-user onto a page on your site. 

The two feeds (in email vs. on site) may not be integrated together, but will serve the same purpose of suggesting similar products that a customer may be interested in based on their browsing behavior or past purchases. 

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey @Mathieu Malige , I believe this won’t be possible since it’s “outside” of the Klaviyo infrastructure which makes it possible for these dynamic blocks to work in the first place. However, you might be able to create a dynamic feed of recently viewed products using Shopify’s native recommendations tools - provided you still build that landing page on Shopify. Ashley shared some great links above!

Badge

Thanks for your answer and the documentation Ashley.

The idea here is that when the person clicks on my e-mail campaign, he lands on his landing page with his 3 most viewed products over the last 6 months.

Then I want to do a commercial action allowing a discount on these 3 products.

Most viewed product = 15% discount
The second: 10% discount
The third: 10% discount

The problem is that I really don't know how I can do this kind of activation.

If you'd like to know what I'd like to do (apart from asking the shopify community), do you have any ideas for me to work on?

Thank you very much! 

Badge

Hey @Mathieu Malige , I believe this won’t be possible since it’s “outside” of the Klaviyo infrastructure which makes it possible for these dynamic blocks to work in the first place. However, you might be able to create a dynamic feed of recently viewed products using Shopify’s native recommendations tools - provided you still build that landing page on Shopify. Ashley shared some great links above!

Thank you for your reply. 

I know that I can easily put the 3 most viewed products on my store in general.

But I want to customize the mail, because klavyio gets all the information about the number of sessions / product and assigns them to the mail. 

So theoretically, this could allow me to get what I want. 

In the sense that, when the mail is clicked, I know which mail has been clicked, so via call API in Shopify and Klaviyo, maybe I can send the product feed associated with the mail of its most viewed products to display the top 3 products with dynamic elements.

Badge

Thanks for your answer and the documentation Ashley.

The idea here is that when the person clicks on my e-mail campaign, he lands on his landing page with his 3 most viewed products over the last 6 months.

Then I want to do a commercial action allowing a discount on these 3 products.

Most viewed product = 15% discount
The second: 10% discount
The third: 10% discount

The problem is that I really don't know how I can do this kind of activation.

If you'd like to know what I'd like to do (apart from asking the shopify community), do you have any ideas for me to work on?

Thank you very much! 

@Ashley I. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

@Mathieu Malige - I agree with @Ashley I. and @standoutecom here, it’s not technically supported out of the box with Klaviyo at this point.  There may be some on-site personalization features in the future with the CDP, but no official word specifically for recently viewed products.

However, if you have developer resources, you could conceptually pass the 3 items’ ProductID to the landing page via the URL, then have your landing page code lookup those Product ID and render the product there. 

Example: yourshop.com/page/landing?products=100,200,300

Then, you use something like this in Shopify API:

This will then retrieve the elements you want to render it on the landing page.  Obviously, this requires developers to implement, but perhaps it can start the conversation here.