Solved

Is there any API we can use to get the my account details?

Badge +1

Hi Team,

Is there an API available that we can use to retrieve account details such as the account holder's name, email address, or any other relevant information? We are specifically interested in the details of the primary account holder, which is the admin account.

by using API key only
Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 16 June 2023, 22:49

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Devphoenix!

Just to clarify, are you interested in retrieving the details of your Klaviyo Account, or the details of a profile within your account (i.e. a customer/subscriber)? 

There’s currently no API endpoint that can return your Klaviyo account details. However, if you’re looking for the name, email address, etc., of one of your profiles (subscribers), you can retrieve these details via the Get Profile API endpoint:

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +1

Hi @brain,

However, there should be an API that we can use to display our account information. For example, if I want to display my email, name, and credits on the xyz page, how can I do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Devphoenix,

At this time (due to security considerations), there’s no API endpoint available for what you’re describing - to return your own Klaviyo account details. I will update the thread if there are any changes in the future.

Best,

Brian

Badge +1

Thanks @Brian Turcotte 

till the time, is there any way because I need to display my account details on the panel using the API.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Devphoenix,

There’s currently no API endpoint to accomplish this, so the displayed information would have to be hard-coded into the site or displayed some other way.

I will update the thread if there are any changes, but at this time, no API endpoint exists to access Klaviyo account information.

Best,

Brian

Badge +1

Hi @Brian Turcotte,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that there is no API to retrieve the owner information. However, is there a way to extract only the email address from the account? For example, can I display the email address of the owner on my personal dashboard using their API key?

Is it possible for your team to create an endpoint that only get the information of email by using the owner API key and allows for read-only access based on specified scope?

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Devphoenix!

I have good news for you - I just heard from our product development team that there will actually be an Account API available at the end of the month!

This API will allow you to retrieve high-level account details, so stay tuned for more in the next couple of weeks!

Best,

Brian

Badge +1

Thanks @Brian Turcotte.

Please keep me updated once the API is available for public use.

I hope it will include information like the email address of the admin and user role too.

Here is the link to the discussion: https://community.klaviyo.com/developer-group-64/why-no-api-for-klaviyo-users-section-8412

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Devphoenix!

Happy to inform you that the new Get Account and Get Accounts endpoints have released!

Best,

Brian

Badge +1

Hi @Brian Turcotte,

Thank you for the update 👍.

I have checked both endpoints, but I am not sure if they fulfill the use case because it is still difficult to identify which account belongs to the admin role or not.

I have seen other companies provide this support, where you can get basic information about only the admin role, such as your account information, plan, and credits details, by using an API key (this key can be shared or used in other integration platforms, but not a public key as it is more sensitive).

I hope you can help with the modification.

Thanks.

Badge +1

Any update on this @Brian Turcotte ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Devphoenix,

I have forwarded this feature request to our product team, but if they decide to update the endpoint, it likely won’t occur until a future release. I will certainly keep the thread updated as any changes are applied.

Best,

Brian