Question

Legacy /track V1/V2 API

• 17 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello everyone,

I recently received a notification that my account has been making calls to deprecated API endpoints (v1/v2) over the last two weeks. Upon examining the .csv file provided, it appears that these calls are associated with the "/track" endpoint, which is considered legacy.

Despite a thorough search of my Shopify site's template, I haven't found any direct references to the "/track" endpoint. The only third-party apps I currently use are:

1. Klaviyo: Email Marketing & SMS
  2. Klaviyo Reviews

If anyone has insights on potential hidden locations of this endpoint or suggestions for next steps, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @rodrigoshaller!

We have several migration resources in our developer portal that can help you determine the best way to transition to the new APIs:

For this issue, you can download your API Report to get more information about how you’re using the /track endpoint:

Best,

Brian

Badge

Hi Brian, thanks for reaching out.

I've gone through some of the resources and the API report, but I really couldn't find what is using the track api.

As I said, my (shopify) website doesn't have any code that directly does anything with Klaviyo, except for the integration with the two Apps I mentioned earlier.

1. Klaviyo: Email Marketing & SMS
  2. Klaviyo Reviews

I would assume whoever developed those Apps would need to update the API?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @rodrigoshaller!

I’ll check on this internally to see if that is the case!

- Brian

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey @rodrigoshaller I believe the Track API is the legacy version of Metrics or Events APIs. Our integration, Gatsby, used to use the Track API but we’ve upgraded to the new Klaviyo end points.

That said, I believe you’re correct - you just need to speak with your integrations to understand how to update your apps/integrations to the new versions. If your only integration is Klaviyo Reviews, that should be fine, but are you sure you don’t have any other apps integrated to Klaviyo?

For context, we’ve had users of Gatsby reach out to us after receiving a similar email, so we’ve been telling them to disconnect and reconnect their Gatsby integration to update to the new end points.