Solved

Recreating Shopify Checkout Started Event

• 22 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I am transitioning from Shopify integration to APIs and wanted to create events as similar as possible. I am starting with the Checkout Started event.

For Shopify event it seems like a list of Items gets passed and are very nicely displayed: 

To recreate this I have try passing a list of items under event properties like this:

"properties": {
"Items": [
{
"ProductName": "Item Name",
"Quantity": 1,
"Sub-Total": 9.99,
"ImageURL": "https://via.placeholder.com/150"
}
]

but the way they look in my event metric data is different:

My question is -- Is is possible to generate the same using the APIs than what the Shopify integration does? if so, how can I accomplish the same? thanks!

icon

Best answer by David To 22 February 2023, 16:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have the same question … and also wanted to know for our custom metrics/events, say “Placed Order In-Store” if we can attach an icon like your custom integration have to the metric?  Like how you have a Magento2 icon, etc.  Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Chris1294,

Great question!

Unfortunately, it would not be possible to generate a similar collapsable view of the event as you would with Shopify (or any native ecommerce) metric. This has to do with how diverse custom events can be as I’ve explained and @retention had deduced in the Community posts below:

@ksp_john,  on a similar note, all events synced to Klaviyo via custom API will be denoted by a gear icon that would not be replaceable. 

I hope this helps clarify some things!

David