Solved

Sign-up Forms Are Not Working (Carrd.co)

• 5 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

I built my website on carrd.co, super cool landing page product. They enable me to connect to Klaviyo using an Account Private Key and the List ID, which I want my leads to subscribe to.

It started working perfectly, but now, every time someone subscribes, it doesn’t register them on the list. It doesn’t even add them as a profile. And the double opt-in confirmation email that it used to send isn’t getting through either.

Can someone in the community help me? Since the only bad thing about Klaviyo so far is that they force you to pay for some help with their tool.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 6 July 2023, 22:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @notboredgames

Happy to help! 

Cool to see you’re using our awesome API documentation on how to use our subscribe endpoint to submit forms to your list. Thanks for this helpful information! To clarify, the double opt-in email will only trigger if a person is added to a list, but if profiles aren’t being added to the list, let alone in your account s a profile, this would explain why the opt-in email isn’t sending. Have you tried to following troubleshooting steps listed in this similar Community thread? 

• Used an incognito browser + multiple email addresses never used in this klayvio account
  • Single opt-in on the lists
  • Ensured that the LIST_ID is in the hidden field, and in the post and that I only have one Klayvio form per page and that it has a unique ID for the js to target
  • That I’m getting a success message (200) from Klayvio’s API
  • Tried directly coping Klayvio’s HTML/CSS/JS to the page and updating the LIST_ID and it still isn’t working

Finally, I’d love to see if anyone in the developer group can help troubleshoot what might be gong on here! @retention @KeviSunshine @sourabh @bluesnapper any thoughts? 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey @notboredgames,

First, how do you know someone is subscribing if it’s not showing up in Klaviyo? Is there some way you can tell directly on your site?

Second, do you know if anything has changed since you went live? Any new fields on your form? Any issues with HTTPS?

Third, could you perhaps share your website or landing page so I could look at how it works? I’d like to try signing up! It’s hard to diagnose the issue without being able to see it.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello! Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Starting with @KeviSunshine: 1) Because I enter multiple valid email addresses, and nothing goes through. 2) I’ve updated my site with new sections but haven’t modified the existing ones. 3) Yes, I can share it.

Regarding @Taylor Tarpley comments. I did some things you mentioned but not in the same order. I went ahead and changed the Private API Key to a new one, changed to Single Opt-In, and Singed Up through an incognito tab, and it did work. So I’m not sure which one fixed the issue.
I then subscribed with another email through a regular window, which also worked.

So, I think the issue is solved for now. But the only question that pops up is, Does the private key expire at some point if you don’t have traffic?

Thanks again for your help. And I’ll keep the community posted if something comes back.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @notboredgames,

Glad to hear it’s working!

Private keys do not expire.

I have a feeling it was a combination of re-using email addresses and the single opt-in change.

For testing purposes, are you familiar with the email `+` trick? I use this all the time for testing.

Say my email address is kevisunshine@example.com.

I can re-use this same email address for testing Klaviyo if I include a `+` and some characters before the `@` sign. For example, I can subscribe to Klaviyo using `kevisunshine+1@example.com`, `kevisunshine+2@example.com`, or `kevisunshine+3@example.com`.

As long as the text after the `+` is unique, you can subscribe with the same email as many times as you’d like! 

Cheers,

Kevin.