Solved

Web feed producing error

• 31 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi there. I don’t think this is the proper category for this issue, but I didn’t see a category for “Data Feed” or “Web Feed”.

I’m using a custom web feed and in the last couple days I’ve been receiving this error:

Your web feed requires attention

We have been unable to access the following web feed in a timely manner for the past 48 hours: {WEB_FEED_NAME_HERE}. If used within an email, this can lead to delays or prevent emails from sending completely.

I’ve been getting this on multiple web feeds.

When I “Preview” the web feeds, I receive this error:

Error fetching feed.

The URL specified returned invalid JSON.

Here’s the thing:

1. I’ve checked the server performance for the last 24 hours and there’s no scripts running with an excessive load time. Everything is taking about 1-2 seconds. No 404 or 500 errors either.
  2. When I manually check the URL of the web feeds, the data is produced within a second
  3. I've validated the JSON data and there’s no issues in the formatting
  4. I haven't made any changes to the code which produces the web feeds in about a month

Anyone have any insight into what the issue might be?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Paul S 6 January 2021, 17:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @awl19, sorry for the delay here. I wanted to see if this was still an issue you were seeing or if you’ve been able to troubleshoot.

If this is still an issue can you let us know? Or if you were able to resolve or received some assistance, any additional information that you found helpful?

Badge +2

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply!

It’s very odd; a day or two after posting this thread the issue stopped and I haven't seen it since.

I have no explanation for the error or what resolved it. I figured you guys had tweaked something on your end.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Interesting, @awl19, please do feel free to follow up on this thread if you find this occurrence again but glad its functioning.