Solved

Webhook to send info to shopify

Badge +2

Hi 

I am reaching out because I need to set up a data flow from a flow TO our shopify system.

We are currently sending digital products which are e-books of receipes. Once a use buys one, he receives a flow of email giving the final link to be able to get it. However, today the order of this user is not marked as fullfilled in our shopify system so it does not detect the user has fullfilled the order. 

Is there a way to get it done trough a webhook ? If yes do you know how to ?

icon

Best answer by DavidV 21 March 2023, 20:25

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @marionbrtn!

We actually have a fantastic guide on how to add Webhook action to flows, which can be triggered by a Placed Order event:

And here’s our Help Center guide to understanding webhooks, if you’re interested:

This would constitute a custom use case, so if you find you’d like extra development help, you’re always welcome to reach out to one of our wonderful Official Klaviyo Partners.

Thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +2

Hi @Brian Turcotte  ! Thanks a for your reply ! The thing is that I don’t have any develoment skills internally. How can we find the best person to do it for us ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @marionbrtn!

Our Partner Directory is a great place to start, where you can filter partners by project goals, budget, etc., in order to find a good match.

Best,

Brian

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Marion,

This can be achieved using the Post Fulfilment API with a flow like this:

However it sounds based on your description that all you’re trying to do it mark an order as fulfilled and make the flow based on order fulfilment. 

You could achieve this using Shopify Flow but probably the easiest way for this would be to use Shopify’s Digital Downloads app. This way you don’t have to use any code to achieve what you’re trying to do. 

The tricky part with using Webhooks or Shopify Flow is filtering out customers that ordered physical & digital products at the same time. By using this app you can automate the whole thing without developer intervention!

Badge +2

Hi Marion,

This can be achieved using the Post Fulfilment API with a flow like this:

However it sounds based on your description that all you’re trying to do it mark an order as fulfilled and make the flow based on order fulfilment. 

You could achieve this using Shopify Flow but probably the easiest way for this would be to use Shopify’s Digital Downloads app. This way you don’t have to use any code to achieve what you’re trying to do. 

The tricky part with using Webhooks or Shopify Flow is filtering out customers that ordered physical & digital products at the same time. By using this app you can automate the whole thing without developer intervention!

Hello thanks a lot for this reply ! However Digital Download does not allow to send a digital product as a link and not as a PDF… also we are not able to personalise the design, that is why I am trying to set this up with a webhook instead. Do you know who could help me with that ? 

Thanks a lot !

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @marionbrtn,

Mirroring what @Brian Turcotte has mentioned prior for more hands on assistance, I would encourage you to reach out some of our wonderful Klaviyo Partners from our Klaviyo Partner Directory

We have a number of partners that specialize in a number of different aspects of Klaviyo. This includes custom solutions which they’ll be able to consult and work with you on. 

David

Badge +2

Thanks for your reply. However I don’t get the partner directory space. I receive proposals from agencies for a long term collaboration, which is not what I am looking for at the moment… 

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @marionbrtn

Thanks for sharing this feedback. You are correct that in the directory you wouldn’t be able to filter by how long the partnership would be. Generally our partners do want to have longer term projects, but we totally get that’s not what you're looking for. I'd recommend being straight forward in your inquiries, and say "we're looking for ABC only, and we're not interested in long term work at the moment".

We have another internal resource that allows us to pair customers and partners with specific projects. I can add your request there to see if there is additional help. 

To summarize, you are looking to set up a custom solution using webhooks to help with data flow from a flow to your Shopify account. 

Context: We are currently sending digital products which are recipe e-books. Once a use buys one, he receives a flow of email giving the final link to be able to get it. However, today the order of this user is not marked as fulfilled in our Shopify system so it does not detect the user has fulfilled the order. 

Timeframe: seeking a short-term project, rather than an ongoing partnership

Is there anything else that I am missing?

~Chloe

Badge +2

Hi @marionbrtn

Thanks for sharing this feedback. You are correct that in the directory you wouldn’t be able to filter by how long the partnership would be. Generally our partners do want to have longer term projects, but we totally get that’s not what you're looking for. I'd recommend being straight forward in your inquiries, and say "we're looking for ABC only, and we're not interested in long term work at the moment".

We have another internal resource that allows us to pair customers and partners with specific projects. I can add your request there to see if there is additional help. 

To summarize, you are looking to set up a custom solution using webhooks to help with data flow from a flow to your Shopify account. 

Context: We are currently sending digital products which are recipe e-books. Once a use buys one, he receives a flow of email giving the final link to be able to get it. However, today the order of this user is not marked as fulfilled in our Shopify system so it does not detect the user has fulfilled the order. 

Timeframe: seeking a short-term project, rather than an ongoing partnership

Is there anything else that I am missing?

~Chloe

Yes please !! :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

@marionbrtn

I have added in the request and provided your email address. Hopefully that will help with getting you in touch with the right person. 

~Chloe