Solved

Can't display dynamic coupon codes won from Privy Spin The Wheel inside Klaviyo Emails

• 13 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

Hi, I have set up a Spin The Wheel sign-up form in Privy and it's synced with a "Privy Wheel" list I created inside Klaviyo so all subscribers who signs up get added to that list and will receive a welcome email sequence. (Privy’s follow-up email is disabled to avoid redundancies)

However, I have a problem with showing the dynamic coupon codes won by a subscriber inside Klaviyo's emails.

Basically, a website visitor has the chance to win 10%OFF, 15%OFF, 20%OFF, $10OFF, $20OFF, and $50OFF in varying probabilities depending upon the set-up in Privy's Spin The Wheel configuration. (all these unique coupon codes are generated inside Privy and integrated with Shopify)

While I know there's a snippet {% coupon_code 'CouponName' %} I can use in Klaviyo, but I believe this would only work to coupon codes created inside Klaviyo.

I'm also aware Privy has this snippet {{ signup.coupon_code }} to display the coupon code inside Privy's follow-up email but upon using this snippet to Klaviyo's emails, it didn't work. (obviously because it's a syntax native to Privy and not to Klaviyo)

Now I'm wondering if would be there a workaround I can do to solve my problem so I can display the these coupon codes in my welcome email sequence?

I'd appreciate it if someone can help. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Memento_25 16 October 2021, 01:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Never mind, it is working now :)

Hey @Benda !

I’m so glad you were able to figure this out and solve your problem!! Thank you for being part of the Klaviyo Community and help us make it better everyday! 

Badge +1

Never mind, it is working now :)

Badge +1

Hi @Memento_25,

Thanks for sharing your solution!

I’m having a little issue, I have managed to do that same as you but only for text input. When I try to use the variable in an input URL, the button href includes “{{ person|lookup:'coupon_code'|default:'' }}” in it and doesn’t change to the coupon code. Have you managed to do this properly?

Many thanks,

David

Badge +6

Hi @stephen.trumble,

Thank you for reaching out! I appreciate the help. :)

Btw, I finally figured it out!

I had to add a hidden field inside the Privy Spin The Wheel form and selected the detected attributed: coupon_code.

After someone subscribes to the wheel, it now creates a profile property coupon_code in Klaviyo as welland in order to display this in the emails, I insert property inside the text block (or a button) and selected the coupon code from the dropdown and then it now displays this code: {{ person|lookup:'coupon_code'|default:'' }}

And tadah! It finally worked and displayed the dynamic coupon code from Privy :)

I do hope this one can help others out there who might encounter the same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Memento_25 

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community for help with Privy coupon codes in your Klaviyo emails. Hope I can help!

The Guide to Using Coupon Codes in Klaviyo has a section that address uploading coupon codes generated outside of klaviyo. By uploading them, you will be able to use the coupon in the emails of your Klaviyo built Welcome Series flow. The code snippet you mentioned in your post is the snippet you can use if you upload your unique coupon codes {% coupon_code 'CouponName' %}. One thing to remember, that before Klaviyo will send your Welcome Series email it will check to make sure you have enough unique codes to meet the need of the send. 

Is there anyone else in the Community that has experience with this that could add some additional insight?

Thank you so much for coming to the Klaviyo Community to collaborate on this!