Tutorial

Sections and columns in the new editor explained

• 6 June 2022
  • 0 replies
Sections and columns in the new editor explained
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

An added capability of the New Email Editor are the Sections and Columns buttons.

These two buttons, under Layout, can be dragged/dropped into templates. Sections are essentially grouping mechanisms. A section can be dragged/dropped into the template and then more than one block can be added into a section, and the whole section can be saved - in order to save more than one block at a time, or a whole layout.

You can add Columns into a section. Columns allow you to add blocks side by side rather than just vertically stacked. With sections, mobile stacking can be toggled off so content will remain horizontal on mobile. Or, you can control the vertical stacking from left to right or right to left.

This helps minimize the need for mobile only and desktop only blocks. Making your template smaller is also a great strategy to prevent Gmail Clipping like I previously discussed in my Don’t get cut off because of Gmail clipping Community post.

Keep an eye out for my next post as I’ll be going over how to add some pop to these sections with different background options! 

Additional Resources:

0 replies

Be the first to reply!