Solved

Auto deleting duplicate email addresses imported to newsletter list

• 2 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I noticed I had a good amount of fake emails added to my newsletter list via Shopify. I have deleted these accounts but was wondering if Klaviyo auto updates my lists to reflect that change?

I have since uploaded a csv file with all of the current emails and added them to my newsletter list. Does Klaviyo remove duplicate email addresses within the same list? 

icon

Best answer by Dov 3 May 2022, 15:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @A.Dre,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

With respect to your first question, it depends where you deleted these accounts. If you deleted them within Shopify, then that change would not be reflected in Klaviyo. If you deleted them in Klaviyo, then we would remove them from any Klaviyo lists or segments they were previously a part of.

Klaviyo will remove duplicate email addresses within the same list.

Something to consider for the future if you run into the issue again, (assuming you deleted them from Shopify in this case) compile a .csv file of these users and upload them to Klaviyo for bulk-suppression. That will ensure if these emails already made their way over to Klaviyo, that they will be unemailable and they will not count towards your total active profile count (which is what we base our billing off of). 

I hope that’s helpful and thanks for being a community member.