Solved

Automatically move profile to different list on user action in email

• 3 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi there,

I am currently trying to sort the profiles into different list based on their language.

So far so good but there might be a few mistakes with the sorting.

I’d like to add an action (button, link, whatever..) in my email that proposes the user to be moved from the list of language A to the list of language B and thus be removed from list of language A.

I’d like to perform those actions automatically without having to manually exporting and reimporting to or deleting from lists.

Ay suggestions for that?

Thanks a lot :)

icon

Best answer by julie.accardo 4 September 2021, 17:24

View original

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I accidentally removed a long term subscriber from a List. How do I add them again, or even add them to a new list I have just created?

Furthermore, is there a way to swap users between Lists as I grow and develop my brand, and maintain different lists for more targeted campaigns?

Cheers

Deon

Badge +4

Hi @julie.accardo 

Thanks for your answer.

I am aware of the link you shared on how to add / update a profile property.

This would allow me to create segment upon that property but will not allow me to migrate the profiles from one list to another.

I already have 2 lists based on the user language and actually I’ve populated a language property to the profiles in those lists. But there are some conflicts and I know that the property has been wrongly assigned for some profile.

So what I’d like to do is automatically migrate the profiles to a different list when a CTA in an email has been clicked.

But I am afraid that Klavyio will not authorize that in their platform.

Would you know if there are some ways to migrate manually the profiles from one list to another by batch, i.e select some profiles from a list, add them to list B and remove them from list A?

I’ve never seen this kind of functionality so far but you might have.

Thanks.

Ohana

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @Ohana ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community!

The only way to make this “automatic/dynamic” would be to collect language preference as a Klaviyo Profile Property. There are a few ways to approach this:

1. You could send a campaign with buttons asking them to select their preferred language. This help article shows you how to collect information about your recipients through links/buttons
  2. You send a campaign asking people to update their preferences. Once they click the “Update Preference” CTA (this could be in the form of a button or a hyperlink), they’ll be routed to a preference page where you can ask other questions in addition to which language they prefer.

Once you begin collecting language preference, you can create segments using the conditions of “Properties about someone where preferred language (or whatever you choose to name the language property) equals x.” This segment will then update automatically once people begin to have this property updated on their profiles. 

Have a nice weekend!

Julie