Solved

Datagrid View in AirTable to email list in Klaviyo?

• 19 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi - I run a small distribution company. Every week, I have ~5 new products that appear in a view stored in AirTable that shows product name, release date and price. AirTable gives me the ability to send an email to a distribution list email address out at a fixed interval, like every monday at 9am, with the items listed in this grid. 

I’d like to be able to store and send this email to my Client List in Klaviyo but I’m not sure the integration exists? I have integrated with Zapier but all I can see is adding contacts to Klaviyo from a table in AirTable. Right now, I can’t really see who is opening the email, what they are clicking on, etc…

Is there a way to email a list as in a distribution list within Klaviyo? Any other suggestions on how to automate?

icon

Best answer by Dov 19 July 2022, 16:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @z100,

That is correct. You would either have to include that email in a traditional list or you could create a segment. Using Email contains > youremailaddress@companymeail.com and trigger a segment-triggered flow off of that segment.

Badge +1

I already use Klaviyo for most of our lists, but for this task I’m currently using a more traditional distribution list and from airtable, I generate an email to this distrolist@emailprogram.com and send and everything is automated.

I know how to migrate into Klaviyo but assuming there is no way to send an email to a klaviyo list like distrolistinklaviyo@klaviyo/mycompanyemail.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @z100,

Thanks for sharing this with our community.

In addition to adding these contacts to Klaviyo, I’m wondering if AirTable is also sending over a unique metric or custom property along with these profiles? Are they being added to a particular Klaviyo list? 

If the answer is yes to the first question, you can create a segment based on that unique event or custom property using “What somebody has done” = X (if it’s an event) or “Properties about someone” = X (if it’s a custom property on the AirTable profiles) in our segmentation builder to generally group these users. If the answer is yes to the second question, you can send directly to the list (assuming it’s being updated by AirTable through Zapier).

In both scenarios, you have a few options for sending. One option is to dispatch campaign emails on a weekly basis. You can also schedule Klaviyo campaign emails in advance. This would be the simplest solution. However, you’d still need a way to display the product information in these emails. It would be helpful to better understand how this is occurring through the Zapier integration. If product information is not being funneled into Klaviyo through an event (you can see this guide on how to include product-related information in Klaviyo emails using events) you’d likely have to set up a custom catalog containing these items which we can pull into your email using a Klaviyo product feed. This is predicated on Zapier getting that product-related information into Klaviyo in the first place.

I hope that’s helpful.